Pages

June 17, 2009

Day #1 Of Early Intervention

Well, Lola qualifies for their program, which is a good thing. The woman who will be working with her is a physical therapist who specializes in children. YAY!! Lola charmed their pants off and was very good the entire time. :) She is right on track with all her fine motor skills, it's just the gross motor skills. Like I said!! They will be coming once a week on Wednesdays for 6 months. She is a fast learner, so they think she'll be well done by then. They were astonished at how smart she is. Watching her do everything she should be doing made me proud. I can't lie, I was nervous about how things would go. I was worried they would tell me that she is delayed in speech as well as her fine motor skills. Nope. She's GOOD!! :) I was so proud of her. Every time she did something right she would clap. They were all very impressed. HAH! Of course, as soon as we got on the floor Lola pushed up on all fours. -_- She is determined to make a liar out of me. LOL! Just by watching her and hearing a little about what I think happened they could tell that it isn't something she was born with, it's something that stems from that mystery illness she had when she was about 7 or 8 months old. Something they CAN correct with some therapy. ((sigh)) I'm so relieved!!! :)

So from now on I'll be doing once a week updates on Miss. Lola's Early Intervention appointments and charting her progress. I think it's important to keep up with it, so I can see how she's doing. :)

0 thoughts: