Pages

September 30, 2009

First Burn Accident

Lex and I were making waffles and he was in his usual spot, standing on the bottom drawer. My cup of very hot tea was right next to him and he accidently knocked it over and it spilled all over him. He was screaming, I was crying and trying to rip his clothes off, which was really fucking hot!! The I grabbed a towel and soaked it with cold water and tried as best as I could to cool the effected area down. Luckily I ice bags in the freezer along with cold rags so I grabbed them and put them on him as well. He was actually apologizing!! He was crying and saying...."I sorry I spilled your tea, Momma, please be happy." but he was saying it in a frantic voice and I just lost it. I cried even harder and held him close and told him I was sorry, it was my fault, not his! I sat there holding him and cold wet rags for about 10 minutes just telling him it was going to be ok and I was not angry with him. I felt like someone had punched me in the stomach. I have never felt so awful in my entire life. He's fine, but the doctor wants to see him just to be safe. There is one spot that is still very red despite my efforts to keep it from getting worse. No blisters though, which is good. I just fell like total shit now. My tea stays on the stove from now on and Lex far away from it!!

0 thoughts: