Pages

September 25, 2009

Maybe Insurance Doesn't Suck After All!!!

We finally got the letter in the mail that our insurance will be covering Lola's laser treatment!!! If you're new here then you'll need a little background. Lola was born with a Compound Hemangioma on her left cheek, they're commonly called "Strawberries" because that's sorta what they look like. Here is what hers looks like.....



It's a little bigger now and the part that is under the skin extends to her left ear. It really didn't bother me at first, until it started bleeding. I'm not talking about little trickles....I'm talking about blood squirting across the room and LOTS of it!!! We've had a few scares where we couldn't get it to stop bleeding and had to take her to the ER. Thankfully it stopped on it's own almost 90 minutes later. So yeah....lots of blood. She was being seen by one of the "top pediatric dermatologist" in our area. Don't get me wrong, the lady was nice and all but she didn't even want to think about treating Lola with laser until she was 5!! Lady, WTF?! Have you been to school? Don't you know what she will have to go through?! Apparently she didn't give a fuck, so I took matters into my own hands and got shit done. I found the REAL experts who are in Boston and who have monthly clinics where they evaluate patients and take on the "worst cases", Lola is considered a worst case, thankfully. They then referred me to the nice lady who would be doing the laser treatment. WONDERFUL woman!! They thought that our insurance might give them a hard time, but they didn't! YAY! So yeah.....I'm one happy Momma!! And Lola is as happy as ever.....


0 thoughts: