Pages

February 4, 2010

I Don't Know How To Feel About This....

I've been having some "issues" lately with my body. Unexplained weight gain, moodiness, AF comes twice in one month some times or not at all, I'm bloated and just miserable when AF is here because it's rough! I went to see my OBGYN yesterday and as soon as I told him what was going on he said...."You are no longer ovulating. Time to hit the reset button and see if we can fix it. Birth control for 6 months, see if that works, if not, we'll go from there." Now, I've said it over and over again.....I am done having babies, but to have my doctor tell me that I can't have kids because I'm not ovulating anymore is a little heart breaking. I'm not going to lie, I pride myself on the fact that I got pregnant in a snap when I wanted to. Now, I can't anymore. Kevin is upset, he wants more kids and now that's not possible. I know he was kind of hoping to have an "accident", and every month he was let down and now this. Poor guy.

It's not unheard of that women my age go through early menopause, I'm trying to be optimistic though. We'll see if the birth control works, if not, then hey, it's just something I'll have to live with. I'm not having hot flashes just yet, so I'm not giving up!! :) God help us all of I am going through early menopause. My Mother was a demon when she went through menopause!! Horrible, just horrible!! So let's all hope that it's just my body is out of whack and needs to be reset. Fingers crossed!!

1 thoughts:

Carlie said...

Wow! What an emotional discovery! I'm so sorry! I hope the birth control does trick...I hate that stuff but it does have its uses.