Pages

March 15, 2010

Time To Get Sexy!!.....Uhm, I mean HEALTHY!!

I have been slacking a very long time. I just didn't feel like taking action. I'm happy, somewhat healthy, but I feel like I'm ready to get back to my "old self". That means sacrifice. And lots of it. I have decided to give up a lot of things that I love. For example....


  • Wine during the week. There is way too much sugar in wine!! And sugar = calories. Done!
  • Bread. I'll eat whole wheat, but very little and not everyday.
  • Whole milk of any kind. That means coffee creamer, too.
  • Portions. I am cutting them in half.  
I want to be my "old self" again more than I want any of that stuff. I refuse to give up sugar in the tea or coffee. I love sugar. I never drink sodas anyways, so that's not a problem. All I really drink is water, green tea and maybe a few cups of coffee, if that. I already cook healthy, besides that awesome carrot cake I made yesterday. :D I totally owned that thing!!!! Anyway. I have started snacking on fruits and veggies during the day and exercising started today as well. Just 20 minutes in the morning and I'll do 30 minutes at night. When the weather is nicer I'll hit the roads for nice long speed walks. I started all this last week, and so far I feel great. I don't miss the wine, I've actually cut the amount of sugar in my tea in half. I only use about a teaspoon and a half now instead of 3 teaspoons.

Let's face it. I'm almost 36 years old and it gets a lot harder to maintain at this age. I used to work 4-5 nights a week dancing my a$$ off and that is how I stayed so thin. I don't do that anymore. I don't even exercise! That means that I have to start trying harder. I haven't even told Kevin yet. Let's see if he notices. HAH! Doubt it. My goal is to be back in my 10/11's, I'm in 12/13's now. I'm 5'9", so you can't tell because I'm evenly proportioned, but I can feel it. That 1-2 sizes makes a huge difference to me. I'm curious to see if my Lola "pooch" gets any better. Gawd she was huge. My stomach stretched so far I thought I'd burst open Alien style! We'll see. And no, I refuse to post before pictures. You might get lucky with some after pictures though! :)

I am going to try and write about my progress every week. I was thinking of buying a scale. They say it helps you to keep going when you see you're actually losing. I hate those things.

3 thoughts:

HD said...

Good luck chicky! If you need any support, holler my way.

The Shred has really helped me along with the Last Chance Workout.

I'm still trying to find Jillian Michael's yoga video...but for me it's easier to just do a video at home. (o:

Moooooog35 said...

I have the metabolism of a 15 year old at the age of 41. I can't put pounds on for the life of me.

It's like God WANTS me to be more magnificent the older I get.

Hope that helps!

* The MOM said...

Thanks, Holly!! I hate Jillian. She's a monster. LOL!! I almost died trying one of her workouts. x_x

Mooooo......my teenage daughter's friend said it best..."Most Dads are like, Manorexic or something." HAH! Men aren't like women and we hate you for that. :D Jealous. LOL!! At least I still look young, there's that. LOL!!!