Pages

July 26, 2010

Patience Is NOT One Of My Virtues.....

I am known for being the one who rushes everyone around, hates waiting in lines and I'll read the ending of a book first before even starting it. Why? Because I am inpatient!! So you can imagine just how frustrating these last few weeks of waiting have been....the wait for my cherry tomatoes to first plant, bloom, sprout and ripen. The moment is almost here!!! I am proud to announce that we have cherry tomatoes! WOOT WOOT!! Here they are early last week......


I bought this plant just for this recipe. Roasted Cherry Tomatoes with Olives & Bowties. YUMMM!! I love Weelicious. She has some of the yummiest recipes. Although, I would like to know how she stays so damn skinny. I mean, really?! LOL!! Anyway. Here's the recipe in case you don't want to click on the links...

Roasted Cherry Tomatoes & Olives on Bowties (Serves 4)


1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes

1 Tbsp Olive Oil

1 Tsp Fresh Thyme, chopped or 1/4 Dried Thyme

1 Clove Garlic, minced

1/2 Tsp Salt

1/3 Cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved

8 oz Farfalle (Bowtie) Pasta (about 1/2 a bag or box)

1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese


1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2. Toss the first 5 ingredients together on a sheet tray to coat the tomatoes.

3. Bake for 25 minutes or until tomatoes are starting to burst.

4. While the tomatoes are baking, cook the pasta in salted water according to the package directions.

5. Combine the tomatoes, pasta, olives and cheese and toss to combine.

6. Serve.


Mmmmm........I cannot wait!! 


0 thoughts: