Pages

September 8, 2011

The Busy Life Of A Single Mom......Or Am I Just A Slacker?

I know, it's been forever since I've blogged, and I am sorry. Not really. ;) I've just been so damn busy with life, kids, work, dogs and of course trying to catch a shower here and there. Just so you know, I did shower today and I'm blogging in a towel. Didn't want you to think I was a dirty blogger.

ONWARDS!!!

School has started. YAY! We are only into the second week and Lex already doesn't like it. He says "It makes me too tired. Uhhhn!!" Great. The boy would rather sit at home naked doing experiments trying to "blow things up the safe way". Just like his Mom. He makes me so proud. Another great event happened while I was gone. Lex went from this.......


To this..........


Yes, my baby cut all his hair off. ((sigh)) And yes, we donated over a foot of hair to Locks Of Love. I can't lie, I miss his long hair, but he loves it short, he says he's not hot anymore and never wants to have long hair ever again. Yeah, we'll see about that. I'm sure I can guilt him into growing it long again. ;)

The teenager.......where do I even start??? Over the Summer I "forced" her to go to a camp, a special camp for kids with skin conditions. As some of you know she has Alopecia Areata. She has lost almost all of her hair on the back of her head. She's able to cover it, which is great, but it seems to be getting worse. So her Dermatologist and I thought the camp would be a great thing for her to go to this camp. And of course, we all know Mom knows best. Turns out I was right. She had a blast, met new people and came home with a new found confidence. She was all fired up when she got back, saying that people should just accept everyone and be kind to one another. Then she took a picture of her head and posted it on Facebook with the definition of her disorder and said "Let's see how many of my "friends" are really my friends NOW". Good Lord!!! Talk about balls!!! She got a ton of. comments and the amount of support was amazing. Seems that teenagers aren't all jerks like I thought they were. She went to school the next day with a high ponytail showing off her bald spot and everyone was great. She said it was the "best day ever". Honestly, it just looks like a punk rock hair style. Pretty awesome. She's also a Sophomore now and couldn't be happier to pass the "Fresh Meat Freshman" title on to the next unlucky kids walking through the High School doors. Apparently it was "torture". -insert eye rolling here- Always the drama queen. I'm hoping that this is the beginning of her actually growing up. -fingers  crossed-

Me? What about ME? I'm still single and fighting one spider at a time. Alone. I've also decided that I no longer want to date the Orkin Man,  I want a Navy Seal. I'm sorry, but a man in uniform carrying a gun is just hot. And he could shoot the spiders for me! Niiice. I'm gonna get on that plan right away. LOL! In the mean time I will be dodging the spiders and trying not to scream like a girl when one jumps out of no where and scares the shit out of me. Gotta go put some clothes on now and pretend to be busy. 


0 thoughts: