Pages

July 22, 2013

Moved, Summer, Loss Of A Pet and Learning.....

We have moved into out new home, a huge second floor apartment two towns over from our old place. We've been here for a month and a half, and it's still looks only half finished. Some boxes laying around, my office area is in dire need of a chair and someone to organize it. I've been too busy to do much and honestly, it's too hot to even move on most days, let alone do work around the house. I have to finish painting the kids' room, the office and the hallway, hang pictures, organize everything, figure out what goes in the attic and what stays. ((sigh)) I love our new place though, it just feels good. Todd and I may stay for more than just a year. And plus, we want to try the fireplace out.

In the middle of all this moving, summertime fun and craziness, we lost a pet. Our sweet Molly went to sleep Monday night and never woke up. I knew it was coming, but nothing can prepare you for the death of a pet. She was 13 years old, she had Addison's Disease, liver failure and a heart murmur. We were so lucky to have had her for as long as we did. I miss her so bad. The kids dealt with it very well. We got her ashes back last week and they made a spot for her right next to our cat Mina who passed away 3 years ago. I don't know how I'm going to make it through three more losses. One of the downfalls of having pets, you become too attached. :(

Through all of this craziness I have learned a few things.....

1.) I hate moving

2.) I will only move one more time and that is it!

3.) I need to learn to not worry so much.

4.) I am no good at organizing.

5.) I really need a maid.

Me~

0 thoughts: